WHAT IS Parade of masks (POM)?
Parade of Masks is our annual Halloween celebration. It typically happens the Friday before Halloween from 12:45pm-2:15pm on the CMCS upper yard. The students bring their costume to school in their backpack and change into them before the event. On the upper yard, they parade around in their costumes with their classroom and then play games and enjoy yummy treats. This Spooktacular event needs everyone's help in order to be a success. Here are a few reminders for the day of the event:
- Teachers will assign classrooms for students to use to change costumes from 12:15pm to 12:40pm. Please wait until 12:15pm to change. Students (even with parent help) are not allowed to use the bathrooms to change in to costumes.
- This a very popular school event and we will absolutely run out of parking. Consider carpooling or using Uber/Lyft. If the lot is closed when you arrive, please do not respond aggressively to the school staff...they are just the messengers.
- Students will assemble by grade level on the upper yard. Parents should stand behind the classes so as not to block anyone's view.
- All activities are free, but snacks will require tickets. Teachers will pass out all presale tickets to students at the parade. Presale ticket orders are due the Wednesday before the event. Tickets can still be purchased the day of the event on the upper yard.
- The upper yard play structure is closed for the entire event. Children (even with parents) are not allowed on the play structure at any time for any reason.
- If you plan to drive your child home, be sure to sign our with your classroom teachers so everyone will be accounted for when it's time for buses.
- No one will be able to drive in the upper yard lot once students are dismissed back to class. Please be patient during this 10 minute window so all students will remain safe.
We asking families to donate the following items based off their student’s grade:
- Kindergarten- Individual bags of chips
- 1st Grade- Candied or Caramel apples
- 2nd Grade- Push-up popsicles
- 3rd Grade- Juice boxes/pouches
- 4th Grade-cases of water
- 5th Grade- Healthy snacks (apples, cuties, veggies, hummus, etc..)
ALL Bakers-individually wrapped homemade baked goods
Please bring your items to room 1 by the Wednesday before POM. Popsicles can go in the freezer in the teacher’s lounge. Baked goods can be dropped off on the Friday morning of POM.
Additionally, we need volunteers to help the day of Parade of Masks with set up, selling tickets & food, and clean up. Each class also has a game booth that needs volunteers to help run. Please check with your Room Parent for the class booth sign up and look on the Fresh Schools site for general event volunteer sign ups.
Thank you in advance for all your help! Can’t wait to see you at Parade of Masks.